The Grindstone Award Foundation is an official Registered Canadian Charity that enables young female players the opportunity to participate and improve their skill development in the sport of hockey. We provide financial support to young female hockey players who have the desire to play but are unable to participate due to financial reasons. We are a grassroots movement with a vision to empower women in life and sport to improve the current state of inequality.
To be the change agent for girls and women across all levels of female hockey by changing the conversation. We will change lives.
Join our Marketing team as a Graphic Designer!
The Graphic Designer will design content for marketing, branding, and social media. This includes the conceptualization and design of templates as well as new materials. Tasks will include, but are not limited to, designing social media graphics to support the creation of collateral materials such as infographics, documents, and flyers. Additionally, the Graphic Designer will also be called upon to support any visual updates that are required for the website. It is expected that the Graphic Designer will maintain brand standards and style, maintain and improve web graphics, and maintain social media presence.
July 2021 (Minimum commitment of one (1) year is preferred.)
- Work with Marketing team to design clear, engaging graphics for social media, web, and print
- Create graphics of different sizes for various platforms
- Conceptualize and bring to life the content required by the team to advertise various events and activities of the organization
Desired Skills, Abilities and Qualifications and Experience
- Excellent IT skills, especially with design and photo-editing software
- Exceptional creativity and innovation
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- An understanding of the latest trends in the role
- Excellent time management and ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Access to photo and video editing software
Application Requirements to Fulfill This Position
- Current resume or CV including samples of your professional portfolio designs
- Must attend virtual interview with Grindstone board members
- Must have signed the Grindstone Confidentiality Agreement