Fundraising Event Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all those who host a fundraising event on behalf of The Grindstone Award Foundation.
- All fundraising events and initiatives for the benefit of The Grindstone Award Foundation (“Grindstone”)(each, and “Event) must be approved by Grindstone and are subject to these Fundraising Event Terms and Conditions, as amended by Grindstone from time to time.
- I agree to provide The Grindstone Award Foundation with a percentage of the net proceeds, as defined in the Agreement section, of the Event within sixty (60) days after the Event is over. I confirm that any expenses that I incur to run the Event will be reasonable and transparent. I acknowledge that any expenses I incur in hosting the Event are my responsibility for any losses that I may incur in hosting the Event. I will clearly identify to Event participants that the net proceeds of the Event will be given to Grindstone.
- I understand the Grindstone must strictly follow the guidelines set by the Canada Revenue Agency and acknowledge that charitable tax receipts for Events cannot be issued in every circumstance. I agree to follow Grindstone’s tax receipting policy and will direct any questions about receipting to my Community Events representative.
- “Grindstone”, and “The Grindstone Award Foundation”, and related logos are trade-marks of The Grindstone Foundation. Such trade-marks cannot be used without the prior written approval of Grindstone. All promotional materials for the proposed Event must be approved by Grindstone in writing prior to being released to the public. Promotional materials must not imply that Grindstone is involved in the Event as anything other than a beneficiary of the proceeds.
- Grindstone Foundation’s registered charity business number cannot be used without the prior written approval of Grindstone Foundation for each and every use.
- I acknowledge and agree that Grindstone Foundation, their employees, directors, officers, members, agents, successors or assigns (collectively the “Indemnified Parties”), shall not be held liable for any injury, loss or damage, however caused, which the Indemnified Parties may incur resulting from or arising out of my Event.
- I further agree that I will from time to time and at all times hereafter jointly and severally hold harmless and fully indemnify the Indemnified Parties from any and all actions, causes of actions, claims and demands whatsoever which may be brought against or made upon the Indemnified Parties and against all loss, liability, judgements, costs or expenses which the Indemnified Parties may sustain, incur or be put to resulting from or arising out of any act or omission on my part or of my servants, agents, successors or assigns which was done, or purported to have been done, in connection with the Event.
- I agree to conduct my Event in a safe manner and to adhere to all federal, provincial, and municipal laws. I will obtain all necessary permits and licenses for my Event.
- I will advise participants in my Event of any risks; and, if appropriate (e.g., participating in a sport, being in a motorized vehicle, being in or around water, etc.), I will obtain a waiver of liability from each Event participant (or their parent/guardian if the Event participant is under 18 years of age) in favour of The Grindstone Foundation.
- I will obtain appropriate insurance for my Event. I acknowledge that the requirement for insurance does not limit my indemnity or other obligations in respect of the Event and that The Grindstone Foundation does not represent that the insurance and limits required are adequate.
- I agree to respect the confidentiality of personal information that may be provided to me by Event participants.
- I acknowledge that The Grindstone Foundation, in its sole discretion, may deny my application and may revoke an accepted application at any time. If The Grindstone Foundation revokes its approval, I agree to immediately cease all use of any of the Grindstone trade-marks and to immediately give The Grindstone Foundation any funds raised and an accounting of funds raised.
- I acknowledge that as a general rule, donations to The Grindstone Foundation shall be used to support the Grindstone Foundation’s highest priority needs.